When we are young weather male or female our bodies are much more giving to us in terms of what we can get away with. We can eat out numerous times a week, stay out late and skip workouts or not workout at all and still keep the same weight when we get on the scale. By the time we hit 40 however it is not likely we will be able to do these types of activities and stay relatively healthy. So how can a women stay fit after age 40?
Make Sure To Get Sleep
One thing that is certain is that sleep plays a very important role in how we function from day to day. Our concentration levels are better, our productivity levels are higher, and our energy levels are better. If possible between 7 and 9 hours of sleep per night is recommended for quality performance of day to day activities. For athletes it is recommended to get 10 hours of sleep. For women trying to get good sleep can be a juggling experience because of family and work demands on their time. Getting better quality sleep can be as simple as drinking less caffeine late in the day, or eliminating daytime naps. I could be not eating a big meal close to bedtime, or not working out too close to bedtime.
Diet is More Important Than Exercise
Eating a proper diet is extremely important to our well being. For men and women alike, one thing is for sure, if you eat a proper diet without working out you will be further along than if you eat a poor diet and workout. It is necessary to both workout and eat right to see the results you want to. Eating healthy is can be very difficult if you are constantly running throughout the day between work, picking up kids from school or practice. One simple tip is to prepare your meals ahead of time and freeze them until you are ready to use them during the week. I remember my mom doing this and it did help not only her but me and my sisters as well. We ate healthy even though we were all involved in school activities and constantly on the go.
Incorporate Resistance Training Workouts
This is a form of exercise that improves your overall strength and endurance. When performing this type of routine you are moving your arms and legs against the resistance provided by your own bodyweight, For women over 40 this is the best workout possible.
Very effective training method. If you are a female over 40 it is very important to start a training program of this nature because you are at a age where you are beginning to lose muscle. If you are already doing workouts then you already know how important this bodyweight and weight training exercises are.
Women in their 40’s start to lose lean muscle beneficial to burning calories. If you are not reducing calories to make up for this then weight gain is going to happen.
It is important to note here that doing a bodyweight exercise program or a program using weights can give you reshape your body by building lean muscle mass while getting rid of fat in your stomach, hips and thighs. Doing cardio alone will help you burn fat but you will still be losing lean muscle.
The last thing to remember here is that resistance exercise is great for releasing stress in your life. As discussed above, with all the pressures of being a mother comes with, a workout regiment can help to keep your mind and body strong, and keep calm.
What Are The Best Resistance Training Exercises?
Exercises done with this type of training are push-ups, sit-ups, and body squats and pull-ups. If you are using dumbbells you can do bicep curls, shoulder presses, bench press, squats, and bent over rows. The important thing to remember here is to use as correct form to get the most out of the exercise and avoid injury. These are basic exercises that are very effective to see results.
Can Resistance Training Exercises Be Performed At Home?
These exercises outlined above can be done at home absolutely. You can do all these exercises using your bodyweight only and get good toning results and losing fat. If you are on the road you can do this workout in your hotel room. If you decide you want to buy a set of dumbbells you can do so for a small amount of money and make the workout a little harder once you are comfortable.
Why Is Compound Exercises Best For Women With Limited Time?
Incorporating compound exercises is useful for women with a small amount of time to workout because they workout more than one muscle group at once. A example of this is squats. It works out your quadriceps, glutes, and calves. You can also do compound exercises that combine two exercises into one. An example of this is doing a squat and holding a medicine ball at the same time. Not only are you working out your legs, but also your arms and shoulders. The illustration below illustrates this.
When doing a resistance training workout three to four sets of each exercise and 10 reps will be what you are aiming for. Remember you should be tired at the end of each exercise. If you are not add reps up to 12 to 14 or get some dumbbells to make it more difficult. It between set it is important to keep the rest period between thirty to sixty seconds.
How To Incorporate A Full Body Workout For Women Over 40
If you are under time constraints the best workout for a female with kids, work, and other obligations is to do full body workouts. This simply means you will be doing a group of exercises three times per week. You could do Monday and Wednesday and Friday.
- Dumbbell Arm Curls – 3 sets of 10 to 12 reps
- Triceps Kick Backs – 3 sets of 10 to 12 reps
- Squats – 3 sets of 15 reps
- Dumbbell Shoulder Presses (standing or sitting) – 3 sets of 10 to 12 reps
- Dumbbell Rows – 3 sets of 10 to 12 reps
- Leg Lifts for your abs – 3 sets of 25 reps
How To Incorporate Circuit Training In Your Full Body Workouts
Once you are used to the exercises you can make it move faster by doing each exercise one after the other. This type of training is called circuit training. I have used this method many times myself when i was short for time. It will really give you a sweat and get your muscles pumped up fast. An example of this is below.
- 12 reps of dumbbell rows
- push-ups – 12 reps
- Dumbbell Squats – 25 reps
- Lunges 15 reps
When doing this you will do each exercise one after the other. When completely done rest for one minute and repeat the process. Do a total of three circuits.
It is very important to remember before starting to workout to always warm up for about 5 minutes before starting.
Is There A Proven Program To Teach How To Train Properly?
If you are new to working out and need to get complete training exercises designed to give you results please look at the workout program below. Whether you are new to working out or just need motivation this program is effective. It has great reviews and a proven track record. It has a no nonsense approach.
What Is Included In Bikini Body Workouts?
- Workout Guide – Shows exercises to be completed at the workout facility you belong to. This is a complete guide designed to show you which machines to use to get the most out of your workout. Jen goes into detail about how to do each exercise to make sure you are using proper form. By using proper form this will ensure you will not get injured while working out the muscle group properly. Jen also shows free weight workouts.
- Nutrition Guide – The meals you will see in the Bikini Body Workouts guide is full of deliciousness. No calorie counting here. You will not be eating lettuce for lunch and dinner for sure. You will not be hungry all day long either. Eating three meals per day and two snacks. The key is the ingredients are good for you and full of nutrients to give you energy and feel like doing your workouts.
- Supplement List – The only workout program i have come across so far that includes a supplement list to help aid your desire for a better figure. This list will ensure you are getting supplements that will help you complete your efforts of being fit. Many supplements are not worth the cost they incur. This is why Jen Ferruggia wanted to have this as part of the program.
- Workout Home Guide – Jen shows both body weight exercises and exercises requiring minimal equipment you will need to purchase. If you do not want to spend money on equipment right away you can modify the exercises. This workout program has flexibility while still getting you results. If you are away on travel you can still get workouts done in your hotel room. A set of dumbbells will be your main cost of what you need.
- Shopping List – This is important because when you are starting a new workout regiment and making changes in your lifestyle it helps to know what to buy in the form of food. It is fact that when trying to change your body figure that in doing so it is 80% diet and 20% workout. That is why a detailed shopping list and nutrition guide is a great tool to aid you. The shopping list shows you which ingredients are the best to use in the meals you will have access to creating. If you are short on time the program will show good substitutes meals to make on the run.
- Online Exercise Videos – Well over 50 videos in the members area performed by Jen Ferruggia to make sure you are doing the exercises correctly to get the most out of each workout and avoid injury.
- 21 Day Booty Blast – This is a quick ten minute workout that is designed to help your backside get in shape.
- Money Back Guarantee – There is a money back guarantee with this program. If you are not fully happy with what you are getting you can get your money back with no questions asked.
- Price – With a price of only $29.99 the Bikini Body Workouts Program delivers a great deal of value with all the components discussed above. You will not find another program with this much support.
When you decide to purchase a workout program you want the person teaching it to be qualified to do so. Jen Ferruggia definitely is that with many years under her belt as a fitness guru. Bikini Body Workouts is not a fly by night system that was just designed last week. It has been around for at least eight years which means it has stood the test of time. If it was not a good program it would be long gone by now. If you would like to view this product please click here.
If you would like to view my full review of Bikini Body Workouts please click here.
Thank you for taking the time to read my post.